Earlier today, a co-worker sent me a story about a 28-year old first-time marathoner in England who completed a pretty amazing running feat. After reading the article – and hanging my head in shame – this 28-year-old guy from Connecticut started thinking about what I would do after finishing my first marathon in Hartford (or 5K for that matter). Here’s a list of what I could think of:
- Search for the nearest porta potty.
- High-five Mr. Met.
- Find a mattress on the street and take a nap.
- Seek out my mommy and daddy so that I could cry like the time I got cut from JV baseball in middle school (not that I’m bitter or anything).
- Pose for a photo with Pucky.
- Open up a bottle of Gatorade and spray it around like it’s Cristal.
- Pull a Kanye West, and interrupt someone’s victory speech.
- Give someone a piece of chalk so that they can draw an outline of me passed out in the park.
- Walk the 98 stairs to the top of the Arch, Soldiers, & Sailors Memorial in Bushnell Park and yell, “I’m Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome.”
Those are just some of the things I could think of. What did you do at the end of your first race? Or better yet, what would you do if you just completed your first marathon?
Until next time – RR