Not going to lie, I have a very eclectic taste for music. Most of my 500+ tunes fall in the country genre. However, I’ve come to realize that running for miles and miles requires more than what Nashville has to offer. Sorry Kenny, Miranda and Brad.
The rest of my iPod ranges from Rock to Motown to Hip-Hop and everything in-between. As I was running earlier today in the humid heat, I thought it would be fun to hear what other folks listen to when they run. Hey, a beginner can use all the tips he can get.
In the meantime, below is my Top 10 listing of songs that always make it on my playlist when I run solo. In case you can’t tell, I’m also a wrestling fan. Just saying.
- “I Came to Play” – Downstrait (The Miz’s entrance music, and always song number 1 on any run I begin.)
- “Give Me Everything” – Pitbull featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack, Nayer
- “All I Do is Win” – DJ Khaled
- “Time is Now” – John Cena
- “Metalingus” – Alter Bridge (Edge’s entrance music)
- “OMG” – Usher
- “I Run to You” – Lady Antebellum (Hey, I’ll admit it….)
- “Live Your Life” – T.I. featuring Rihanna
- “Vertigo” – U2
- “Krazy” – Pitbull featuring Lil Jon