Upcoming 5K: Oddfellows First Annual Rubber Chicken Run

Those interested in running a 5K this summer in Connecticut should check out the Oddfellows First Annual Rubber Chicken Run. I don’t know much about the cross-country race, but it’s for a great cause, and well…. I’ll be there.Β  Stay tuned to this blog, as I attempt to arrange an exclusive interview with one of the event’s race directors.

Until then, check out the site, and consider registering. Running Ray will have a team of five… will you?

A promo for the upcoming Oddfellows First Annual Rubber Chicken Run.
Advertisements

6 Comments Add yours

1. Julie says:

All the runners on Teams A and B are much faster than me! Are you sure you want me on your team, Ray?? Haha πŸ™‚

1. Ray says:

LOL….Yes, I want you on my team. I’ll just have to run faster to offset your time πŸ˜›

2. Julie says:

Okay, I’m in! πŸ™‚ I don’t really get the team thing though, looking forward to that interview.

1. Ray says:

Woohooo! My understanding is the team option is just the combined scores of all five team members. I hope to get an interview w/ someone on the committee soon. Stay tuned!

1. Rob McG says:

You’re on the right track, Ray. The team scoring will be based on combined time. For example: The runners on Team A finish the race in 18:00, 21:00, 23:00, 24:00 and 25:00 for a combined time of 111 minutes. The runners on Team B finish in 16:00, 19:00, 20:00, 26:00 and 29:00 for a combined time of 110 minutes. Team B wins.

Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams in the men’s, women’s and co-ed divisions.

If nothing else, rounding up a few friends and forming a team is an easy way to get a break on the entry fee.

I’ll be happy to answer any additional questions about the event. I hope to see you on August 18!

2. Ray says:

Thanks, Rob.

Julie – Hope this helps clarify. If you have any other questions, you can submit to me and I’ll be sure to ask them during the interview (that I’ll get one way or the other, lol)…